The new year is just around the corner, just a few days away from the start of a new decade.
The looming 2010 made me look back on things that happened this year, both good and bad. And what mistakes I did to contribute to make things bad. In short, I am doing my resolutions.
Okay, so I do them every year. What will make 2010 different from the rest? Honestly, I am not sure. But isn't that the beauty of every new year? Or every day? We get to start over.
I am starting over on my resolutions. Off the top of my head (or recycled items of resolutions past) are:
1. Lose weight -- which is on the list every year. I have written my goal weight somewhere. I am still hopeful. =)
2. Exercise at least 30 minutes 3 times a week. Okay, I will finally rip out the plastic cover of my growing UNOPENED exercise DVD collection. Hubby will be so happy.
3. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
4. Turn off the TV and Net more. Less media, less stress.
5. Read AND finish 15 books.
6. Learn a new language. I'm starting with Norwegian. My sister is in viking land and a willing mentor.
7. Have quiet time starting with 1o minutes daily.
8. Learn to bake. Sharpening the saw is always good.
9. Finish C0c0's big, yellow book.
10. Be more organized at home and with my time. Hubby will be happy with this, too.
11. Update my goal book.
12. Never be late for ANY appointment. Allocate time for traffic.
13. Learn Photoshop CS4. Thank you, JM.
14. Wake up early or earlier. Translation: Sleep earlier. Lights out at 10:30 pm?
These are just a few things. There are certainly more ideas floating in my head. Possibilities for 2010 are sprouting and ripe for the picking. I'm not about to let it waste by letting history repeat itself.
What are your resolutions for 2010?