Monday, July 28, 2008

i'm breaking bad habits

It's a few weeks past the middle of the year and I realize I haven't gotten far with my 2008 New Year's resolutions. Again, as in previous New Year's resolutions, they have been forgotten and will probably be recycled for next year. Arrgh!

This recycling of resolutions has definitely become a habit, a bad one, and it has got to stop. And I'm starting today, Monday. I don't want to wait until New Year's. Frankly, the breaking of bad habits should start this second.

I'm thinking of several good things that I want to turn into habits. Off the top of my head, they are:

1. Sleep 30 minutes earlier than usual. No more late night entertainment shows. Bye-bye.

2. Drink more water. It should be 2 liters a day, excluding juice and my daily 2 cups of tea.

3. Stick to grocery list and budget (Hubby would love this one).

4. Have at least one serving of oatmeal a day.

5. Stop buying stuff during sales. My logic: I will need this because it's on sale.

I'm starting with number 1. Will it be easier to do than the rest? We'll see in about 21 days. Experts say it takes that long to develop a habit. Good luck to me.

No comments: