Wednesday, July 30, 2008

not so terrible twos

I thought Kowi had already outgrown the terrible twos. I was so wrong. It's back, and bigger than ever. The horrible threes! Whoever coined the term 'terrible twos' is defintely a year off.

Kowi is a really good kid, but she does have her days. There are times when I think she was born with no ears. It takes about 50 times before she acknowledges that I'm calling her, she runs off when I come to her and she's starting to talk back. She always has to have what Kuya has and cries loudly when she doesn't get her way.

I tell you, at two, redirecting worked if she was about to throw a tantrum. Piece of cake. Now, she's caught on, refusing to listen.

This too shall pass, this too shall pass...

How do you dial Nanny 911?

3 comments:

Michelle said...

just enjoy the tantrums for now coz someday you'll miss it if it's time for your kowi to go out of your nest. :)

momwithbrownies said...

Three is so much harder than two. It takes so much patience. There were times when one of the twins would throw themselves on the floor to have a tantrum. I decided one day to just walk away from him so him enough to know he was safe but he couldn't see me) When he realized he didn't have an audience to to watch him he stopped his tantrum, walked over to me and began screaming again! LOL

I've raised 5 sons now and I believe wholeheartedly that there is honestly, nothing to be done about tantrums. They grow out of it. We just have to keep redirecting and talking and allowing them to scream without an audience. Three is the age where they try our nerves the most, I'm convinced of it. LOL

Shelly M.
The Mom With Brownies

Insights from the Grocery Cart said...

my daughter really knows how to get on my nerves these days. i'm counting the days when she'll turn four and not so terrible. lol

shelly, hats off to you for raising 5 sons and homeschooling. i don't know where you get the energy and the patience.

michelle, it'll be difficult to enjoy the tantrum but i guess i'll have to brave it out. wish me luck!